KG and I want to celebrate Prince Rogers Nelson's birthday! We are highlighting our top three Prince songs!
3. Diamonds and Pearls - I remember being 8 years old and belting out in the car with excitement "D to the I to the A to the M..." I just have such a found memory of this song, that to this day I still get excited when this part of the song comes on. "this will be the day that you will hear my say that I will never run away," SING PRINCE!
2. Adore - Man Oh Man! This is one of the most beautiful love songs ever made. "If God one day struck me blind, your beauty I would still see." This my friends is called a panty dropper.
1. I Would Die 4 U - This is by far my favorite Prince track. Hands down! The beat is so fun and upbeat, even though the lyrics are so touching! Like how can a song still be touching when someone is professing their love for someone who might not even deserve it? Only Prince can do that! Let us also not forget the way he scooted across the floor in Purple Rain to this!
3. Adore - If you don’t know---go smack ya momma for not exposing you. This one song is the reason for 20% of millennials being on this earth.
2. When Doves Cry - This track is perfect but man its super cryptic. Its 2016 and people sings this song word for word and have no idea what he was talking about. That is the beauty of Prince. Perfect production with ambiguous lyrics. And remember, this song does not have a bassline!! What perfect song do you know that misses that key elements and still knocks?? Only Prince can do that.
1. The Beautiful Ones - My personal favorite. “Do you want him? Or do you want me? Cuz I want you!” Prince had that intense emotional longing and by the end of the song he was tiyad. My man screamed it so you knew. Some of y'all fellas need to try singing this song. Might get you something you want LOL.
Tell us what are your top three Prince songs! Happy Birthday to one of the greatest!